Sunday, April 20, 2008

Watch out Moscow - ITW arrived


After a long flight we get to DME airport just outside Moscow. I tell Dave, "Hey man, just shoot some video of me while I get my immigration papers done. As I hand my passport and papers to the official, he looks over my shoulder and starts yelling at Dave in Russian. I couldn't understand a word but by his tone I knew it meant something like, "Hey you stupid American, you can't video tape in here!" So I'm giving him the international sign for "cut" (hand waiving across the neck) and we get through with no more yelling.

Went out last night for a couple of beers, (Piva's). and found a place called "The Golden Fish". Some of the locals spoke a little bit of english and we smoked cigars, toasted beers, and BS'd with them the best we could. Until two of the younger local "tough" guys told some other guys they planned to roll us and take our money. We got a way clean after they had even more drinks. Don't think they could have taken us in their condition, but you never know. Alexei and Boris, two other locals we met, walked out with us and made sure we made it safe to our hotel's street. They were pretty toasted too, but all was well and we made it back safe.

Our hotel is very near Red Sqaure and we are going walk over there after breakfast.
Dobre Utre (good morning)
Comrade Chris & Dave